Active Citizens Partnership
She holds a Master’s Degree on Rural Planning and Development and has over 25 years of experience working as a senior manager in nonprofit organizations. Key skills include being highly organized, people management skills, networking and communication. She was head of vulnerable groups department at a Training Center for 20 years and she has designed and implemented more than 80 relevant projects. Athanasia has long experience of working with the elderly, women, refugees, immigrants and her main goal is to empower people. She speaks English, French and Albanian.
GariffaliaTorou: A volunteer at Active Citizens Partnership ,she haw long experience working with elderly people. Gariffalia is a member of women’s cultural center and a traditional dance group in the area she comes from.
Active Citizens Partnership is an NGO based in North Eastern Greece and has office in Athens. We have extensive experience to design and support programs that address contemporary training and social needs at national and European level. With the assistance of the State and the European Union have developed measures to prevent and tackle social problems and assist vulnerable groups. In order to provide a high-quality service develops and operates innovative activities relating to:
- Studies and research in the field of non-formal education and training
- Development and implementation of technology enhanced training
- Greek language program for refugees and immigrants
- Entrepreneurship counseling and mentoring with special focus on unemployed and women.
- Psychosocial support and counselling for immigrants, refugees, homeless, long-term unemployed, people with religious or cultural characteristics, etc.
- Counselling for employees to improve their job conditions
- Counselling programs for long-term unemployed women and women threatened by unemployment.
- Programs for young people with learning disabilities from minority groups.
- Training for immigrants, refugees, people with religious and cultural characteristics such as Rom people, Greek Muslims, homeless etc
- Programs to strengthen the capacity of access to employment for people affected by poverty and social exclusion.
ACP has 8 full time staff and more than 10 part time employees working on different projects. ACP implements projects all over Greece especially in Northeastern Greece and Athens.